Thank you from your winner – Matt!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Matt to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

I first heard of I’m A Scientist, Get me out of here! from a friend and the concept always interested me, as what is the point of doing research that couldn’t be communicated to people of all ages? So when I heard that I got into the June event I was very excited! I didn’t think for a moment that I might win, and I must say that the past two weeks have been a great experience for me, and one I’ll remember for a long time!

Being able to explain your work to students of all ages is a very valuable skill and one that I am always glad for an opportunity to practise with, so I found myself booking into every live chat I could and eagerly sitting at my laptop while waiting for the questions to come. I didn’t know what to expect for my first live chat, but when the questions started coming thick and fast I knew I was in for a challenge! The questions were smart and varied and I greatly enjoyed answering them, half an hour flew by so quickly that I couldn’t wait for the next chat, and I looked forward to the rest of them over the event. If you’re reading this and you asked me, Rob, Bex, Kylie or Sam some questions, either on the live chats or on our ASK pages, I’d like to thank you for giving us a memorable experience 😀

While I’m thanking people I’d like to also thank the moderators who looked after each live chat, your efforts are greatly appreciated! Thanks to the teachers for booking each chat session, the scientists of all the other Zones for keeping everything varied, and most of all thanks to the I’m a Scientist team for organising the event!

The Cells Zone had a great cast and each eviction I was very nervous, but thanks to your votes and support I was able to make it all the way 😀 I’m very grateful for the money, and I plan to put it to good use! I am a core member of the HEART Outreach group (http://www.heartblog.net/) run between Keele University, The University of Nottingham and Loughborough University, and with the prize from the competition we will be able to attend more fairs and events as exhibitors, continuing to spread the good word about all things Regenerative Medicine related, look out for us at an event near you!

Now that it’s all over, it’s back to the lab and the brains for me, but I hope to see and hear from you in the future!

So long, and thanks for the memories,

Matt.

Posted on June 27, 2016 by modmichaela in News. Leave a comment.